The doors are wide open for applications to the UNESCO-UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme. This initiative is set to empower leaders in the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sphere worldwide, fostering their ability to catalyze impactful change within their institutions and broader spheres. Eligible candidates are encouraged to seize this opportunity and apply for the program.
About UNESCO-UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme
The UNESCO-UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme operates in line with other TVET programs, geared towards enhancing participants’ grasp of the most recent advancements in TVET. It equips them with the indispensable skills and resources crucial for effective leadership within the TVET sector.
Since its inception in 2016, the TVET Leadership Programme has honed the skills of over 700 professionals, ranging from leaders to managers and staff in TVET, spanning across 95 countries. This comprehensive training encompasses both global and regional editions, delivered through diverse mediums such as in-person sessions and online modules. The 2022 edition alone empowered 140 participants from 61 different countries.
Roles At TVET Leadership Programme
The program specifically targets mid- to senior-level professionals in the TVET domain, encompassing various functional roles:
- Leadership and management within TVET, skill development, and employment systems or institutions;
- Formulating and executing policies and directives;
- Assessment and appraisal;
- Building networks and overseeing partnerships.
Essential knowledge areas: “vision for change”,
Specialized knowledge: “knowledge for change”, and
Leadership and managerial abilities: “skills for change”.
- The Leadership Programme endeavors to enhance the capabilities of global TVET leaders, enabling them to effectively drive change within their establishments and beyond.
- The program is tailored to refresh participants’ grasp of the most recent advancements in TVET and furnish them with the essential skills and resources crucial for effective leadership within the TVET sector.
Applicants should meet the following prerequisites:
- Keen interest and aptitude for steering change within the TVET field, skills, or employment systems or institutions;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the TVET field, skills, or employment systems or institutions; and
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.