Australia Student Visa | Application Guide – Easy Entry Point

Australia Student Visa | Application Guide – Easy Entry Point
Australia Student Visa | Application Guide – Easy Entry Point

Australia Student Visa: The type of visa you’ll need to study in Australia is determined by the length of your course. If it is 3 months or less, you will be able to enter Australia as a tourist and take advantage of the study opportunity. Tourist (short-stay) visas are commonly used for this purpose; they allow you to stay in the country for up to a year (in the case of British citizens); however, regardless of nationality, you can engage in any type of paid employment.

A Working Holiday visa allows applicants between the ages of 18 and 30 to stay in the country for a year and work, but there are restrictions on what type of work you can do and how long you can do it for. You can learn more about visa types by reading some of our other posts.

If your course is longer than three months, you will need to obtain a Student visa. A Student visa allows you to stay in the country for the duration of your course, as well as some time to travel around.

If you were granted an Australia student visa, the terms of your study/student visa will also allow you to engage in some part-time employment for up to 20 hours per week while studying and for the same number of hours as you wish during vacations. If you were granted an Australia student visa, you will have Permission to Work automatically included with your visa. However, if you were granted a Student visa but have not yet been granted Permission to Work, you may apply for Permission to Work once you have begun your course of study in Australia. If you require additional information, you should consult this page.

Also Check: Canada PR (Permanent Residency) Program for Essential Workers and International graduates

Here are some key steps to apply for an Australia student visa:

1.Choose your course and institution: You should first select the course you wish to study and find an institution that offers it. You can research and compare different courses and institutions using the official Australian government website for international students, Study in Australia.

2.Check the entry requirements: Once you have selected your course and institution, you should check the entry requirements for that course. These can include academic qualifications, English language proficiency, and other criteria. Make sure you meet all the requirements before applying.

3.Apply to the institution: After selecting your course and institution, you will need to apply to the institution directly. You should follow their application process and provide all the required documents.

4.Receive a Letter of Offer: If your application is successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer from the institution. This will include details of the course you have been offered and the fees you will need to pay.

5.Accept the offer and pay the tuition fee: Once you have received the Letter of Offer, you will need to accept it and pay the tuition fee. You will then receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).

6.Apply for a student visa: Once you have received your eCoE, you can apply for a student visa online through the official website of the Australian Department of Home Affairs. You will need to provide you2r eCoE, passport, English language proficiency test results, and other documents as required.

7.Attend a visa interview and biometric data collection: Depending on your country of origin, you may be required to attend a visa interview and provide biometric data (such as fingerprints and photographs).

8.Wait for visa approval: After you have submitted your visa application, you will need to wait for approval. This can take several weeks, so it is important to apply well in advance of your course start date.

Once your visa is approved, you can travel to Australia and start your studies. Remember to comply with all the visa conditions during your stay in Australia, including maintaining full-time enrolment and notifying the institution and the Department of Home Affairs of any changes to your circumstances.

How It Works:

Earning a bachelor’s degree can qualify you for a skill assessment of a 50-point occupation. This is critical for accumulating enough points for a skilled PR visa.

Obtaining an Australian degree can also earn you more points, making your application even stronger; if you don’t have an Australian degree, don’t worry because there are many ways to kill a bird…winks. With so many scholarships available, studying in Australia has never been easier. You could try some Australian Government Scholarships, such as the Destination Australia Scholarships, or you could simply apply for any undergraduate scholarship of your choice [here].

If full permanent residence is not an option, you can easily obtain an 18-month post-graduate skilled visa, which allows unrestricted work and residence in Australia and allows you to work in Australia to gain even more extra points.

To begin, the guiding institution will also guide you through the following breakdown.

  • Course Specifics
  • Details on visas and the path to residency
  • Total cost breakdowns for the entire process
  • Studying and living in Australia on a student visa, as well as elsewhere

You do not need to be concerned about the cost of studying in Australia because there are numerous scholarships available. You can begin your search for and apply for scholarships in Australia right here.

Let us now look at some of the different types of student visas you can apply for in order to enter Australia [likely with ease]: Student Visas are issued in the following subclasses:

  1. English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) – Subclass 570: Essentially for English language intensive courses leading to a certificate I, II, III, or IV without a formal Australian award.
  2. Subclass 571: allows for primary, junior secondary, or senior secondary school courses, as well as exchange courses.
  3. Subclass 572 – Vocational education and training: Visa issued for diploma, advanced diploma, and vocational diploma courses.
  4. Higher education – Subclass 573: Generally issued for a Bachelor’s degree, an associate’s degree, a graduate certificate, a graduate diploma, or a Master’s degree by coursework.
  5. Postgraduate research – Subclass 574: Typically issued for a Masters of Science in research or a doctorate.
  6. Non-award – Subclass 575: This classification is issued for non-award foundation studies and any other courses that do not lead to a formal Australian award ( except ELICOS).
  7. Subclass 576: Issued to students sponsored by AusAID or the Australian Department of Defence who are enrolled in full-time courses of any type.
  8. Student Guardians – Subclass 580: Issued to parents or relatives who intend to live with the student as a guardian for the duration of the student’s study in Australia.

You can apply for any of these sub-classes of Australia student visa and be sure to gain easy entry to Australia. Simply follow the steps outlined in this post.

You Might Also Like: Easiest Ways to Immigrate to Canada

Some of the best schools in Australia to which you can apply include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • The University of South Australia, Adelaide.
  • The University of Western Australia, Perth.
  • The University of Sydney, Sydney
  • The University of Queensland, Queensland.
  • The University of Southern Queensland, Queensland
  • Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne.
  • Macquarie University, Sydney.
  • RMIT University, Melbourne.
  • The University of Melbourne, Melbourne.
  • The University of New South Wales, Sydney.
  • More others not listed here.
[Please keep in mind that the schools listed above are not in any particular order; they are simply listed for the purpose of applying for admission, scholarships, and visas. You can also conduct a search for information on other schools in Australia for this purpose.]

If anyone has any useful experience applying for an Australia student visa, please share it with us in the comments section.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like
EU Blue Card
Read More

EU Blue Card

The EU Blue Card Program is a work and residency permit intended to encourage working professionals to relocate…