The University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship is now open for applications from exceptional students interested in pursuing a Masters by Research degree or a doctoral degree program. This opportunity is open to both Australian and international students.
The Australian Commonwealth Government and the University of Melbourne jointly fund this scholarship, which is available to outstanding domestic and international research students. Scholarships for the Research Training Program provide a stipend as well as fee reimbursement to domestic and international students based on academic merit.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Commonwealth Government
Host Institution(s): University of Melbourne, Australia
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded with 100% fee remission and up to $110,000.
Application Deadline: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Approximately 350
Study Level: Masters & Doctoral
Nationality: Australian / domestic and International students.
University of Melbourne Research Training Scholarship | DETAILS
The Research Training Program Scholarship (Fee Offset) provides 100% fee remission and up to $110,000 for students pursuing a Masters by Research degree for up to two years or up to four years for students pursuing a doctoral degree.
Eligible applicants are scored and ranked based on their academic achievement of their most recent completed degree as well as their research potential in their field of study. Completion of a degree at the same level as the research course for which the scholarship is sought, relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications, or original music composition may be considered.
Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants for the University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be Australian or domestic students, as well as international students.
- Applicants must have applied for and been accepted into a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne or.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne at the time of application.
- Applicants must provide proof of English proficiency.
The following benefits will be available to successful applicants for the University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship:
- Full tuition reimbursement for up to two years for students pursuing a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students pursuing a doctorate degree.
- For students pursuing a Masters by Research degree, the living allowance is $34,400 per year pro rata (2023 full-time study rate) for up to two years or up to 3.5 years for students pursuing a doctoral degree. The living allowance is subject to annual indexation and includes limited paid sick, maternity, and parenting leave.
- Students moving from states or territories other than Victoria are eligible for a $2,000 relocation grant, while students moving from outside Australia are eligible for a $3,000 relocation grant.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a single membership for international students studying in Australia who require a student visa.
How to Apply:
You do not need to apply for this scholarship if you applied for admission to a graduate research course by the application deadline for that course. You will receive confirmation that you will be automatically considered for a variety of graduate research scholarships within seven days of submitting your course application.
If you have already received an offer for a graduate research course and have deferred the start date to the following year, or if you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you wish to receive a scholarship, you must complete an online application form.