The Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 are now accepting applications from interested and qualified candidates worldwide. There are approximately 70 fellowships awarded each year, with approximately 140 awards active at any given time.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants from both the United States and around the world who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
Fellowship Type: Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
Host Institution(s): Recognized Universities in Canada
Fellowship Worth: $70,000 per year
Application Deadline: To be Updated
Number of Awards: 70 per year
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Nationality: Domestic & International Student
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships| DETAILS
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program of the Government of Canada aims to:
- Recruit and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent on a national and international scale.
- Enhance their leadership potential
- Set them up for success as tomorrow’s research leaders.
- Non-Canadian citizens and permanent residents may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents and have a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents and have a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian or an international institution.
How to Apply
Applicants must prepare and submit applications. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the application is complete. This includes ensuring the submission of all host institution documents and referee assessments.
Before beginning their application, applicants should read the Selection Committee Guide. This guide lists the three evaluation criteria and provides helpful information on how the criteria are assessed. The selection committees for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are multidisciplinary, so applications should be written with a non-specialist research audience in mind.