Applications are being accepted from suitably qualified Africans interested in pursuing a career in data science for the Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship in Data Science for the academic year 2023/24.
The AIMS doctoral training program will give emerging African scientists the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge data science research and work toward a PhD degree within a high-quality training program in Africa, in collaboration with institutions around the world.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Quantum Leap Africa
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: Not specified.
Application Deadline: 14th April 2023
Number of Awards: Seven
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship:.
- Master’s degree (to be completed by September 2023) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics, or a related field.
- Previous work (courses/thesis/other training) demonstrates adequate theoretical foundations.
- Qualification for conducting research on the chosen topic, including relevant programming knowledge.
- Academic performance and participation in relevant academic activities demonstrate research potential.
- Motivation for pursuing a PhD in the suggested topic through research;
- Being of African origin.
- Fully funded (stipend, equipment, health insurance, relocation expenses, conference attendance, direct costs to graduating institution such as tuition and registration fees).
- International supervision teams comprised of renowned research institutions.
- Form of Application.
- CV (you can use your own format, but please make sure to cover the content mentioned in this template that applies to your case) (you can use your own format, but please make sure to cover the content mentioned in this template that applies to your case).
- Transcripts (Please submit transcripts from both your undergraduate and master’s degrees. If necessary, additional transcripts can be submitted.)
How to Apply
Interested and eligible Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship 2023 applicants must submit an online application by the application deadline. Applicants should be aware that the application process is divided into two stages. Phase 1 is the application and submission of all required documents, and Phase 2 is the invitation phase, in which successful applicants from Phase 1 are invited to round 2 of the selection process.