Applications for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship are being accepted from young foreign scientists from developing countries. The fellowships are available at the SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India, for studies leading to a doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in the physical sciences for four years, with the option of extending for an additional year.
The Postgraduate Fellowship award will provide a monthly stipend to cover living expenses and food, as well as free on-campus housing. Young foreign scientists are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to be trained in a world-class facility with full fellowship benefits.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): The World Academy of Science (TWAS) and SN Bose National Centre for Basic Science
Fellowship Location: Kolkata, India
Fellowship level: Young Researchers
Fellowship Duration: Four years
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2023
Basic Qualification: Masters
Nationality: Developing countries.
TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the TWAS-SN Bose Fellowship for Young Scientists:
- Applicants must be citizens of a developing country and under the age of 35 on December 31st of the application year.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in physics, mathematics, or physical chemistry, as well as five years of undergraduate and postgraduate studies at a recognized university or institute.
- Be a citizen of a developing country (other than India).
- No visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country is required.
- To enroll in a Ph.D. program, applicants must be accepted into a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre.
- If English was not the medium of instruction, applicants must provide clear evidence of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country once the fellowship is completed.
- She/he must not accept any other assignments during the fellowship period.
- Any accompanying family members must be financially responsible.
How to Apply
To be considered for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship 2023, applicants must first apply online for a place at the SN Bose National Centre. When applying, applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre, or by the deadline at the latest.
The online application portal is the only way to apply for the Postgraduate Fellowship Programme.