Application forms for Government Nursing Colleges – The Gauteng government is currently accepting applications for its nursing intake in 2024. Eligible young South Africans residing in Gauteng are welcome to apply for the bursaries. Successful candidates selected for the Gauteng Nursing Intake bursary will be allocated to one of the college campuses in 2024 to undertake studies for the nursing diploma at the Gauteng College of Nursing.
Application Forms for Government Nursing Colleges
Aspiring candidates are requested to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing for admission to one of its campuses in 2024 to pursue the Diploma in Nursing:
Gauteng College of Nursing Campuses
- Ann Latsky Campus
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus
- SG Lourens Campus
- Bonalesedi Campus
How to Process Nursing Application Forms for 2024
Gauteng Nursing Intake 2024 Login
1. Visit the official website.
2. Fill in all necessary details, ensuring completion of all sections.
3. LOGIN using your username (ID Number) and Password.
4. Click on “UPDATE RESUME” to finalize your information (Personal, School, Training, Work, and Reference Details).
5. Once the profile is updated, proceed to “TRAINING PROGRAMME” to initiate the application.
6. Click “apply”; your profile details should be visible.
7. Select a center and list all four preferences in order.
8. Click “Submit.”
9. Make a note of your Reference Number after application submission.
Required Documents for Government Colleges Nursing Application
Documents for verification will be requested.
Applicants meeting the shortlisting criteria will be contacted.
Important Notes for Successful Application:
Qualifications for Government Colleges Nursing Application
- Register a profile on the system before applying.
- Must be a South African citizen residing in Gauteng.
- Possession of one of the following certificates: Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate, currently in Grade 12, or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health.
- Applications must be completed on the GPG Professional Job Centre system by or on December 31st; no late applications will be accepted.
- Certified documents must be uploaded, with supporting documents required at the selection center if shortlisted.
- Hand-delivered or emailed applications will not be accepted; all applications must be submitted online.
Required Subjects For Guateng Nursing Application
The following subject criteria are required:
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4, Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score).
- National Vocational Certificate: 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The
- Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
- Communication, numeracy and life skills
- Computer literacy
- Compassionate and caring.
- Problem-solving ability
- Organisational ability
- Ability to relate to people
- Leadership ability
- Calmness during a crisis
Guateng Nursing Intake – Notification For Successful Applicants
Successful applicants will be required:
- To formally commit to a contract with the Department of Health
- To attend lectures
- Be ready to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL), which is a requirement of the curriculum and entails working shifts, weekends, holidays, and nights at hospitals and clinics run by the Gauteng Department of Health.
Important Notice To Nursing Intake Applicants 2024
Ensure that you qualify and meet the minimum requirements before you apply
If you do not receive feedback within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Can you pursue nursing studies without a matric?
Without a matric, studying nursing is incredibly challenging. Matriculation is required if you want to attend a university, however a TVET college’s health program will give you the skills you need to work as a nurse. But you need to be in Grade 9.
Closing Date For Guateng Nursing Intake Application:
Applications must be done on the GPG Professional Job Centre system before or on the 31st December; NO late applications will be accepted